Wednesday, January 21, 2015

No More Sweet Poison... I Already Drank That Cup

There are too many things I love about the TV show Nashville to give you a comprehensive list. The music is amazing (considering that these are actors first, and musicians second, it's even more astounding). Though that may not be true for all parties on this show. But, the acting and singing are both just... *wow.* If you're the kind of person who scrolls the comments on YouTube, like me, you'll be surprised at the number of people who don't like country music but love this show... and the music on this show.

Interesting fact... the way this all started was that lesser known (as yet not hit songs) were found and used for the characters. To make it better, they brought in said writers to talk with the actors about the songs. That led to many songwriters deciding to co-write songs with some of the actors/musicians on the show. Now, the songwriters are as often on the set as the actors and work hand in glove with the show to make sure that it comes out right. I'd say that the partnership has bee extremely successful.

This was the season finale at the end of season 2 (I think). Maybe it was season 1. My memory is lousy. Anyway, really look forward to this one coming back from the winter hiatus.



TV Show: Nashville
Status: ABC, Wednesday 10:00 PM Eastern Time

3 comments:

  1. I like country. The blond singer was good. She reminds me of Miranda. I could not relate to most of the rest of it. It must be what some folks call "real life."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always surprised (as well as slightly annoyed) during BOTB at all the commenters who think certain country songs are too twangy or whatever. Like any kind of music, some country is downright excellent and most of it is decent or at least listenable to me. I think a lot of people just get preconceived notions based on the label of country and judge it without really listening to it.

    A lot of country today is really rock and roll.

    Haven't seen this show, but don't see many shows.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete