Monday, September 28, 2015

Tuesday, 9/22, Season Premieres

I'm slowly clearing out my DVR... watching all of the shows that premiered last week.

Let's take a look at Tuesday, 9/22, and I'll give you the break down on what I think. If you watched something on Tuesday night that I didn't... share it in the comments. If you also watched any of these shows and have something you want to share... do it!

NCIS (8:00, CBS)
Last season ended with a cliffhanger. Our MC, Jethro Gibbs, was shot. Jon Cryer guest starred as a surgeon (well done, Mr. Cryer) and saved Gibbs' life (I know, shocking!). However, the
Gibbs post-shooting is not the same as Gibbs pre-shooting, which I suspect will change the tone of the show for a while. That's good. NCIS has been on a long time. It needed a bit of shaking up. The original show remains my favorite in the NCIS line-up. Looking good for Season 13. Can you believe that???? This has been an "A" show since the beginning.

NCIS: New Orleans (9:00, CBS)
This one is growing on me. I wasn't all that crazy about this spin-off last year (season one) in the beginning. Scott Bakula's southern accent comes and goes. But, I like Scott Bakula as Pride. I felt like we didn't really get to know anything about the team (LaSalle and Brody) until the end of the season. And that's when I began to really enjoy the show. I had hopes that the recurring character of Abigail Borin might become a full-time cast member. Alas, no. But the show did add an FBI agent that was recurring last season. And their computer guy looks like he's gone full-time this season. Sometimes it takes a while for a cast to come together. Not going to grade this one yet. I think it's about to come up from the C of last year to something better.

LIMITLESS (10:00, CBS)
This show is based on the movie by the same name. I'm operating at a bit of a disadvantage, because I didn't see the movie. However, I loved the TV show. I had big hopes for the pilot, and it didn't disappoint. I'm totally hooked. I give it an A.



1 comment:

  1. Supergirl premieres tonight. Unfortunately, it's in the same time slot as "Gotham," so two DC properties are airing against each other. Be happy for DVR and Hulu!

    ReplyDelete